Saturday, April 20, 2013

Writing From Eugene

Drove to Eugene, Ore last night to watch my fiance throw Javelin in the Oregon Invitational relays. Sounds like a blast but in reality it meant almost 16 hours of straight alone time with my future mother in law and some of the worst sleeping arrangements I've ever experienced. It's ok though, I always love long drives like this because I get to see how the rivers shape a landscape, and the future mom-in-law has actually been extremely pleasant. I don't think I've ever made a dedicated drive through the Lower WIllamatte valley and I'm pretty excited to see it in daylight on the way home. Another thing I noticed early in the trip; I need to spend more time on the Chehalis next Winter. I wonder if any of those crotchety old farmers who don't let anyone fish on their land would like some free labor come harvest time.

I'll be on a river tomorrow taking pictures for an article that I am writing for money (boy, that has a nice ring to it). The Summer preview should be out in the next couple of weeks, and I plan on interviewing Fawn Sharp soon to find out the details of this Lake Quinault closure, namely
 why? how long? and can we still fish if we have a native with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment