Thursday, April 18, 2013

Man of Steel


While going though an old social media account today I found this picture. This is my dad, and he is obviously feeling pretty good about himself. This kind of thing reminds me how lucky I am to draw from a life filled with countless adventures, hard learned lessons, and ALOT of pretty fish. I don't think I've ever had a dull day of fishing whilst in this man's company.

The most recent excursion came during the final week of steelhead season on the Queets. We had set out that morning to fish one of our favorite runs on the Queets, a run we both discovered independently, we found the road washed out and coned off, so we did the obvious thing and took our barley running 2 wheel drive Ranger on an offroad adventure. We managed to make it where we needed to go and we had ourselves a day of fishing. I covered the 500 yard stretch of water with a couple different flies and my dad side drifted an okie. We fished, waded dangerously, saw all sorts of wildlife, did alot of sitting around on driftwood shooting the breeze, didn't catch a thing, and generally had a damn good time doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment