Saturday, July 21, 2012

Balls



Notice how the blue line is 1000 fps higher than the little yellow triangle? My fishless summer steelhead season sure has. We had one good stetch of melt-the-mountains sun, and ever since it's been just warm enough to keep the river looking green and soupy, but not quite enough to put a dent in the snow pack.

Luckily I have a few other things to do. Most notably I need to get my arrows closer together on the block before elk season opens.

July is a joker of a month. No hunting opputunities, and fish are few and far between. My empty lines and extra time make me think I'll have enough spare to do everything I want this fall. Talk to me at the end of October when my shoes have holes in the sole and I STILL haven't hit that little creek that has to be full of silvers, or scouted any ponds or sloughs in preperation for duck season, or bought groceries in two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment