Saturday, August 25, 2012

Autumn


Its been a while, which is a little disheartening to me after my promise of frequent posting last time. Remember those summer posts when I was wishing fall would sweep in and make me busy again? Well, they’re here. I’ve been trying to get my bow shot into shape in time for the upcoming season. I’ve been fishing the glacial rivers, the rainfed streams are too low, and have done very well on cutthroat. 
I’d like to say steelhead are my top priority, but as I’ve mentioned here before, I lost my spey rod and my 7wt in a recent move. All I have left is my 5wt, so I think I’m going to focus the majority of this year on cutthroat. I’ve given that fish to few concentrated casts, and I plan to refine my technique with them. 

Deer season opens the 1st, and Elk shortly after, so September will likely find me with a bow in my hand more days than not. With Grouse and Salmon also taking time out of fly fishing, I have a feeling I’ll fish much less than I mean to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment